The weather outside may be windy and chilly, but your skin doesn't have to suffer.
The skin care experts at Von Anthony Salon share 5 tips on...
"How to banish dry skin and give your winter skin care regimen a boost."
1. Avoid using washes that contain harsh sulfates and soaps that strip natural oils from the skin. Instead, cleanse with gentle, soap free washes such as Sonya Dakar's Soya Wash.
Utilizing the gentle cleansing properties of pure soy, this facial cleanser will leave even the most sensitive skin clean, soft, and radiant, without a trace of harsh soaps or detergents. Your skin will thank you.
2. Use oil-based moisturizers and add a serum to your regimen.
(We carry Hydrasoft Cream made using Shea butter and vitamin E. Recommended serum: YOUTH! or Seaweed Liposome Gel.)
3. For dry, chapped lips, try exfoliating before hydrating. This enables optimal hydration from your chapped lip remedies. Two great ways to accomplish this at home lip treatment are:
Jane Iredale's Sugar & Butter Lip Exfoliator: Soft, beautiful and oh-so-kissable lips are yours with our lip exfoliator/plumper duo.
LipDrink, a colorless lip balm really is a drink for the lips, are great ways to accomplish at-home lip treatment.
4. A healthy body makes for healthy skin, so include vitamins and more water in your diet. A good water guideline is to take your body weight and half it for an ideal number of ounces to drink per day.
5. Winter time brings cold temperatures that dry out your skin. Try adding the hydrating Green Tea Peel to regular facials to get the most out of home regimens and enhance skin radiance!
All of these products to help you combat winter skin are available at Von Anthony Salon. 972-731-7600