Monday, November 30, 2009
The Best of Citysearch Spa & Beauty nominations are in, and Von Anthony Salon has been nominated in a ton of categories!
Best Deep Tissue Massage, Facial, Hair Color, Hair Extensions, Hair Removal, Hair Salon, Hair Straightening, Haircut, Highlights, Massage, Pregnancy Massage, Reflexology & Foot Massage, Skin Care, Spa, Sports Massage, Swedish Massage, Therapeutic Massage, Waxing!
Now it's up to you to vote for your favorites!
Hurry! Voting ends Wednesday!
You have to sign up for an account, which takes less than 2 minutes!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
I am thankful for my family, friends and the wonderful group of stylists I get to work with.
Every day before I get out of bed, I say to myself, "I am thankful for this day and everything that comes my way."
I am thankful that we live in an environment that allows us to be free and creative, where we can be responsible for our own opportunities.
I'm thankful for my health and happiness. For my family and friends. And for all the people (employees, clients, stylists, technicians, friends, our publicist) who continue to support us.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Quick Party Changes! Take your 'do from work to play in a matter of minutes with these five tips from Amy Kott-Hovland of Von Anthony Salon
Amy Kott-Hovland was interviewed for a story about going from the office to the party on NBC's "Around Town."
In the story, you will learn:
*An important style tip you should do in the morning to start your day.
*Ideas for hair accessories.
*Easy, step-by-step instructions for wearing a chignon.
*Some fun tips for the guys for party perfect hair.
Click here to read the article.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Who was your first beauty icon? Vidal Sassoon.
Sassoon is an icon in our industry.
He made sense of hair cutting: how to create geometric shapes on a round service.
He invented the bob and became internationally know after cutting Mia Farrows hair for the movie Rosemary’s Baby, it was a very short almost crew shape.
Prior to Vidal, woman would get their hair cut mostly with a razor and had it set for the week; he truly changed the way hair is worn.
I have attended his academies over the years to perfect my craft. We implement his techniques with all of our stylists in our work shops.
Precision cuts are back in fashion and the bob will never go out of style.
• Primary owner of Von Anthony Salon.
• A master stylist with more than twenty years of experience.
• Her craft and skills have been polished by training with the top industry leaders represented by Vidal Sassoon, Paul Mitchell, Wella, Matrix, Redken, Mizani and American Crew.
• Recognized by “D” Magazine as one of the best colorist, “Dallas’ tried and true colorist”.
• Honored as the National Colorist of the Year by Elizabeth Arden, Red Door Salon and Spa.
Visit the Von Anthony Salon website.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tis the season for static, brittle hair and split ends. Most of these issues are from lack of moisture because humidity levels are lower and because of the heat in our homes.
Amy Kott-Hovland of Von Anthony Salon shares these simple tips:
- For static, use a dab of hand cream to control the hair.
- Try not to shampoo every day so that some of your natural oils will help control the problem.
- Use an ionic hair dryer. This will remove the static charges and will dry the hair without taking out too much moisture. Ionic hair driers leave your hair shiny and smooth.
- Try spraying static guard on your hair brushes.
- Get your hair trimmed more frequently to avoid split ends.
- We do deep conditioning treatments to keep your hair in optimum condition; these are a must for the client who does not want to cut their hair.
- At Von Anthony Salon, we use Shu Uemura Prep Sprays which gives hair proper moisture balance. There are 3 to choose from:
- Smoothing for frizzier hair types.
- Reparative for color treated.
- Moisture for any hair type.
Use these before you blow dry or to moisten hair, in between shampoos; These are perfect for children's hair as well.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Click here to see this special discount.
Click here to see all the wonderful services available at Von Anthony Salon.
Call Von Anthony Salon at 972-731-7600.
Friday, November 6, 2009
"Fringe benefits. From Uptown to Frisco (that's us!), four new salons turn up the swank. It's not on the website yet, but we'll post the link when it is.
*edited to add the link. Click here to see Von Anthony Salon in the Dallas Morning News!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Roni Proder interviewed Amy about the hottest looks for hair for fall!
Tune in to see the very talented Von Anthony Salon staff and gorgeous hair.