Thursday, April 1, 2010

Meet Ashley Berry, Hair Stylist at Von Anthony Salon


Responsibilities at Von Anthony Salon?
I, along with my peers, feel responsible for every client that walks through the door. Each and every employee works together to make the client feel comfortable and welcome. We also work together to maintain the appearance of the salon to give a professional and outstanding environment for everyone.

Why did you get into the beauty industry?

I wanted to get into an industry that is ever changing, exciting, and where my skills would be an attribute to myself and others. There is nothing more gratifying than helping someone feel better about themselves. Ever since high school, I have done all my friends hair and makeup for homecomings, proms, etc. Those experiences opened the door to what I think is one of the best and most rewarding professions.

How do you stay innovative and up-to-date in your industry?

First of all, there is always room for growth in this industry. That being said, going to educational classes, going to local or even out of state hair shows, and even discussing different ideas with my fellow co-workers expands my growth as a stylist. Not only that, but I feel like inspiration surrounds me!

Favorite hair care tip?
If I had to pick one, I think it would be to stay away from using heated tools excessively. And if you choose to use them daily, it's crucial to use heat protective products.

Favorite celebrity hair?

Jennifer Aniston!! I love the warm and cool toned blonde effect that really compliments her sleek/sexy hair.

Worst celeb hair?
Amy Winehouse. I just don't get the beehive thing!?

Who is your favorite beauty icon?
Audrey Hepburn. What's not to love about her glamorous yet simple and sheek look...

What do you like to do in your free time?
I like to hang out with my friends, watch movies, read self-help books, cook, and do anything outdoors.

Best advice ever received.
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you. ~Matthew 7:7

Not a difficult concept. You can't just sit around silently waiting for something great to happen.

Where did you grow up?
Plano, TX

What book is currently on your nightstand?
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I read it years ago but the movie is coming out this summer so wanted to refresh my memory.

Vegetable you won't touch.

Cauliflower...enough said

Favorite home cooked meal.
Thanksgiving Day! You get all the good stuff..haha!

What playing on your Ipod right now?
Lady Gaga. Her music is so fun and upbeat.

What is your favorite vacation spot?
The Virgin Islands!! I've only traveled to South American destinations, but hands down the scenery and culture there were the most memorable.

What is your favorite item in your house?
My couch because this is where I get to wind down from a long day, have a glass of wine, and get to cuddle up with my amazing boyfriend:)

Favorite Starbucks drink?

Non-fat Caramel Macchiato...Mmmmm

What do you want to say to your future clients?
I will go above and beyond to make you feel beautiful and confident about your hair. Your individuality is important to me and I want to express that through your hairstyle.

Von Anthony Salon 972-731-7600

No comments:

Post a Comment