Thursday, August 22, 2013

Meet Laura Symons




Meet Laura Symons


Responsibilities at Von Anthony Salon
I am a creative colorist, stylist, and a master extension educator with Hairdreams. At Von Anthony I am currently a level 3 tier with 10 years experience in the industry. I will be doing in house education with Hairdreams hair extensions for the salon to keep up with current techniques and trends. 

Why did you go into the beauty industry?
I have always had a passion for fashion and hair. I wanted to have a career that excited me and fed my creative needs as well. Being in the beauty industry was exactly what I wanted to do. To give a women immediate confidence after being in my chair is a reward in itself.

How do you stay innovative and up-to-date in your industry?
I love to keep up with education and read up on current styles. I challenge my elf to seek out at least one academy a year, so I can completely submerge myself into being a student and expand my skills. I have taken classes all over the nation and seek out only the best.

Favorite Hair Care Tip?
My favorite hair care tip would be to not wash your hair daily. It prevents your color from fading. Instead, invest in a dry shampoo that will allow you to skip a day in between. My favorite is Oribe Dry texturizing spray. It smells amazing and adds an incredible amount of volume to get you through shampoos. 

Favorite Kerastase product?
Kerastase Initialiste. It is a one of a kind product, that will completely transform your hair in 7 days. It will prevent breakage, increase shine and vibrancy and strengthen. It's a hair makeover in a bottle.

Favorite Oribe product?
Thick dry finishing spray. For anyone needing a little lift after a blowout, it is my absolute favorite finishing product. Gives just the right amount of hold and volume for that big Texas hair!

Favorite celebrity hair?
Jenifer Lopez. Her hair is always looking healthy, long and beautiful! Plus she wears it very glamorously.

Favorite beauty icon?
Brigitte Bardot. She is a timeless classic.

What do you like to do in your free time?
I love to hit the gym. Either yoga, or spinning are some of my favorite things to do. It helps me start my day off with energy.

Best advice I have ever received?
Ones perception is ultimately their reality. 

Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Canada till I was 14 and then moved to Indianapolis for 16 years. Now I am living in the big "D".

Book currently on your night stand?
"Hiring the Heavens" great light read that helps me get by day to day.

Vegetable you won't touch?
 NONE, I am a vegetarian/pescetarian. I need all the veggies I can get.

Favorite home cooked meal?
 Roasted veggies and potatoes with grilled bourbon salmon

Playing on my ipod?
Bruno Mars

Favorite Vacation spot?
Key West, FL

Favorite Starbucks Drink?
Non-fat iced chi tea latte

You know you are a hairstylist when... you find hair in your food and it does not belong to you.

What do you want to say to your future clients?
I am a very passionate hairdresser with very high expectation for myself. I pride myself with top quality services that include Hairdreams hair extensions, French cutting and multi-dimensional color. I only want my customers to feel that quality of service not only in my chair, but when they go home. My goal is to teach each one of my guests the tools they need to replicate their style and feel fabulous every day. 

To schedule your appointment, please call 972-731-7600

No comments:

Post a Comment